HOW TO STORE QURAN AND DO NOT FORGET IT!
Ramadan Mubarak everyone! I hope that your fasts and your prayers are accepted by the Almighty. I think there is no better time for this post than during Ramadan. This is the method I memorized in the Quran at Hifdh School. I used this technique to memorize the Qur’an, Alhamdulillah. And so far, I have the feeling that this is the reason I have been running the tarāwīḥ for almost five years, alhamdulillah.
Memorize the Quran
It is important to understand that this process is divided into 3 categories
1) new lesson,
2) new memory,
3) old memorization.
I will give a brief introduction to each category and then show you how to memorize within each fold. It is important to understand that memorizing the Qur’an in the long run is a process that takes almost a month. Once you have memorized an ayah, it will only be solid if you repeat it a few times until it enters the deepest part of your brain.
This is where you will memorize from scratch. If you wish to memorize seriously, you will need to follow these tips as described below.
1) Read the page 10 times looking from the top.
2) Read the first ayah on the page 10 times while watching.
3) Now, read the same verse 10 times without looking at it, until you can recite it without errors.
4) Start connecting the ayahs. Recite the first and second ayah together without looking inside and without making mistakes.
5) Continue to connect the ayaat on the page. Whenever you connect a new ayah, come back to the top of the page and read it until you have memorized.
6) When you reach the last ayah, you should recite the entire page from the top without looking or making mistakes.
7) Recite the memory page to someone. You should not have any errors.
8) You can repeat the above steps as many times as necessary to have a perfect page memorized. Click Here To Memorize Quran Online From the Best Tutor!
This is the amount of Qur’an that you have memorized in the last 30 days. Take this part seriously, it will determine if the ayaat you have memorized will be solid or not. (Keep / revise the Qur’an is a 25-day process, after these 25 days a monthly review will suffice, which will lead to the “old memorization” we will be discussing).
1) Whatever you examine in this section, you MUST recite it to a person who has either memorized the ayaat or is familiar with the Qur’an.
2) If you have stored five pages in the last five days, you must recite them yourself until you make no mistakes. Then go recite it to a teacher.
3) From that moment, whatever you memorize, it MUST be read daily. When I say read, it means reviewed for you without errors AND recited to someone else.
4) during the day, do not memorize the new ayaat. You pour water into a cup with a hole. Every day, you do not review the ‘new memorization’, you enlarge more and more the hole in your cup until you do not remember anything! (If you have not accessed a page for seven consecutive days, return to the “new lesson” and memorize it again).
5) I seem somewhat redundant here, because I can not stress the importance of revising the ‘new memorization’. This will make / break your hifdh.